Crafted by the Basket Weavers of Karnataka
This set of baskets are made from natural banana plant fiber gathered from the various banana plantations that surround the artisans' village. The fiber is hand rolled into rope used to crochet these durable pieces. Each basket has unique color variations due to the natural materials used.
The artisans from this small cooperative work out of their community center or gather in comfortable places around their village. Aside from the financial benefits that the work brings them, the women benefit from the sense of community their work brings them. From picking the banana fibers to hand weaving each product, the various steps involved mean each piece takes several days to make.
** Sold as a set of three.
- 100 % banana plant fiber
- Sold as a set of three
- Size (inside measurement):
- Mini: 8cm x 9cm / Approx. 3" x 3 1/2" (H),
- Small: 11cm x 10cm (H) / Approx. 4 1/2" x 4" (H)
- Medium: 14.5cm x 15cm (H) / Approx. 5 1/2" x 6" (H)
- Due to the handmade nature of these items, each piece could vary slightly in color and size.
The baskets can be rinsed to rid them of dust or stains. Please ensure that they dry thoroughly before storing them to avoid mold.
Should your baskets lose their shape they can be dampened and coaxed back into shape with gentle stretching.